Layer 3 Access: Set Static Route on the Router
Once JADConfig has been used to setup the switch and all Transmitters and Receivers, the control system and other network devices are able to communicate with the switch to control HDMI switching.
However, the control system and other network devices are not yet able to communicate with the J+P devices to use Layer 3 Features like Video Wall, RS232, IR, CEC control.
*If you have a router that does not support static routing, we do have a work-around. Please see the Layer 3 Access: Set Default Gateway on Processor article, for more details.
Set Static Route on the Router
- Locate the JADConfig Report file for the system. Near the top of the document is the information for the Static Route.
- Log into the router. This example will use a Luxul router but the menu settings are similar for other models.
- Select the Network tab on the left, and select the Routing subsection.
- In the Add Static Route section, enter the route information:
- Description is the name for the route, eg. Just Add Power
- Enter the Network value from the Report file in the Destination IP box.
- Enter the Netmask value from the Report file in the Network box.
- Enter the Gateway value from the Report file in the Gateway box. This is the IP address of the J+P switch.
- Enter Metric of 10 unless told otherwise.
- Click Add to add the route.
- Confirm that the route shows up in the Static Route section.
- To update the router with this new route, click the Apply button and then Refresh the page. The Active Routes list will show the route when it is applied.